Epicentre was pleased to exhibit again at the TestExpo in June of this year, the leading software testing event held in the UK.
We are keen supporters of TestExpo as it gives us a great opportunity to meet like-minded members of the testing community and share ideas. With the number of exhibitors being fewer than usual but with a healthy number of attendees (almost 150), this meant that Epicentre were busier than ever.
As one of only two test consultancies exhibiting at the event, we noticed that the focus of our discussions with delegates shifted away from test tooling, which is often a key area of interest due to the number of tool vendors who typically exhibit. Rather this year, people approached our stand to discuss areas of testing where they are clearly facing big challenges. This led to some in-depth, interesting and incredibly productive conversations for us, and hopefully for those who came on our stand.
The breakdown of these discussions (below) makes interesting reading as it potentially reflects the average Test Manager’s ‘to do’ list in the wider testing market place:
- Test automation framework implementation (mainly open source) – 30%
- Managed testing services – 24%
- Mobile app testing – 22%
- Dealing with rapid turnaround projects (such as marketing mobile apps) – 8%
- Augmenting internal test resources – 5%
- Test process improvement – 2%
- Test tooling (including Test Management) and set-up – 2%
- The quality of the expo sandwiches* – 1%
- Test automation of embedded systems – 0.5 %
- General interest in testing services – 6.5%
* Only kidding – it must have been at least 2%
We’d love to hear your feedback on whether the above areas, or perhaps other aspects, are areas that you see as a challenge for your team in the short to medium term.
Have your say by getting in touch with us via email@example.com.